Looking back on 20190
Horseshoe Bay Business Alliance continues to grow in active membership and event participation and new programs to support one of our primary goals: to provide networking for our business members and find new and creative ways to connect our residents with our businesses.
2019 continues to be a record breaking year for us:
- Three education programs offered for free to all our business members and area residents offered great topics to about every 3 months.
- Two great Shred Days (Spring and Fall) which combined resulted in a little over 6,000 pounds of recycled paper and hundreds of boxes that no longer take up space in our area residents basement and garage!
- Five Free Concerts were very well received our 5th year of Boogie at the Baytm concert series held at the Quail Point Pavilion. We estimate that in the past 5 years our collective attendance was a little over 4,650. Keep in mind, there are no tickets, no entrance gate so it is one of our volunteers challenges to try to give us a head count at each concert!
- In 2019 we only had 11 monthly Community Coffees, as the December date fell on Christmas, but we broke records with 6 of our Coffees reporting over 70 attendees. This 12 year tradition has gone from an average of 30 attendees each month to an average of over 650 to 65 attendees.
- Holidaze was threatened by potential rain, but the 12th year event went off without a hitch: 30 businesses set up tables with goodies to share. About 200 residents stopped by for some great food, beverages at the “Main Street” Open House type social gathering.
- The Night of Networking for 2019 kicked off with a record breaking 80 joining us at Whitewater and the 360 Sports Bar. The quarterly Business Member event continues to be a favorite for many of our members.
- In November, we announced the Citizen of the Year for 2019: Mary Daniel. Once again the HSB POA offered a place during their Annual Holiday Party agenda for the announcement.
These are just a few of the highlights, and we hope to add a few photos to help demonstrate the fun we had in 2019. We look forward to 2020 and will add blog messages from time to time in 2020!
Christmas Blessings and Happy New year!